Adding a Raspberry Pi RS485/MODBUS port using the RS485 driver from the Industrial and Building Automation Cards
1. Install three jumpers to route the RS485-TX, RS485-RX and RS485-EN from the line driver to Raspberry Pi GPIO connector:
2. Disable the RS485 port on the local processor:
~$ megaind 0 wcfgmb 0 9600 0 0
3. Activate the serial port on Raspberry Pi from raspi-config command.
4. Install an USB to RS485 adaptor on your PC.
5. Install a terminal emulator program on your PC.
6. Click HERE to download a Python script to test the communication.