PT100 Sensor for
RTD Data Acquisition Card
for Raspberry Pi
- Resistance at 0°C: 100 ohms
- -50°C to 450°C temperature range
- ±0.5°C Accuracy
- 3-wire terminals with prong ends
- 2 meter wires
- Ø4mm x 30mm steel probe
PT100 sensor for RTD Data Acquisition Card for Raspberry Pi
Resistance temperature detectors (RTDs) are temperature sensors that contain a resistor that changes resistance value as its temperature changes. PT100 thermocouple has a platinum sensor and a resistance of 100 ohms at 0°C. The sensor has a wide operating range (from -50°C to 450°C) low drift and with a maximum error of 0.5°C is suitable for precision applications.
Since the platinum detecting sensor is suitable to contamination from various elements, the sensor in encapsulated in a thermally conductive metallic shield.
The PT100 is the perfect add-on to the RTD Data Aquisition Stackable Card for Raspberry Pi. One RTD card can read temperatures from 8 different PT100 sensors. Since the card is stackable to 8 layers, one Raspberry Pi can acquire data from 64 temperature sensors.
The RTD card uses two ADS1248 24 bit, delta sigma analog to digital converters. The cards are calibrated to 0.1% from the factory, and can be further calibrated up to 0.01% using a precision, 100 ohms resistor. An internal, hardware watchdog monitors the Raspberry Pi and forces a hardware reset through power cycling in case of software lockup.
The PT100 sensor comes with three 2 meter, braided wires. Since the RTD card is compensating the wire resistance, the wires can be extended to very long ranges without any loss of accuracy.
|Dimensions||10 × 10 × 1 cm|
Raspberry Pi Watchdog$25.00
with Battery Backup
for all Raspberry Pi’sAdd to cart
- A must for all RPI mission critical installation
- Cycle RPI power after software lock-up
- Prevent SD Card damage during power outages
- Run for hours on Li-Ion 18650 battery
- On board battery charger, step-up converter and intelligent power monitor
- Dual power supply jacks: micro USB and barrel
- Provide up to 3.5A/5V power to Raspberry Pi from Li-Ion Battery
- On board resettable fuse
- Command line and Python drivers
Raspberry Pi Relays 10A/240V$30.00
8-Layer Stackable Card
for Raspberry PiAdd to cart
- Four RELAYS with Status LEDs
- Eight layer stackable to 32 relays
- Heavy Duty Pluggable Terminal Blocks
- NO and NC contacts on all relays
- Switch loads of up to 10A and 240V
- Software self-test
- Command Line and Python Drivers