- PT100 Sensor for RTD Data Acquisition for Raspberry Pi
- Resistance at 0°C: 100 ohms
- -50°C to 450°C temperature range
- ±0.5°C Accuracy
- 3-wire terminals with prong ends
- 2 meter wires
- Ø4mm x 30mm steel probe
- PT100 Sensor RTD DAQ
PT100 sensor for RTD Data Acquisition Card for Raspberry PiResistance temperature detectors (RTDs) are temperature sensors containing a resistor that changes resistance value as its temperature changes. PT100 thermocouple has a platinum sensor and a resistance of 100 ohms at 0°C. The sensor has a wide operating range (from -50°C to 450°C) low drift and with a maximum error of 0.5°C is suitable for precision applications. Since the platinum detecting sensor is suitable to contamination from various elements, the sensor in encapsulated in a thermally conductive metallic shield.
The PT100 is the perfect add-on to the RTD Data Acquisition 8-Layer Stackable Card
for Raspberry Pi. Each RTD card can read temperatures from 8 different PT100 sensors. Since the card is stackable to 8 layers, one Raspberry Pi can acquire data from 64 temperature sensors.
The PT100 sensor comes with three 2 meter, braided wires. Since the RTD card is compensating the wire resistance, the wires can be extended to very long ranges without any loss of accuracy.
The PT100 sensors are well made. Just 2 small points.
1. The cables are pre terminated with spades it would be good if the came pre terminated with .75 boot laces that fit into the disconnect plug
2. People that don’t have a multimeter it could be frustrating trying to work out which wire goes in what terminal
ie resistor is between RED & BLUE & BLACK is the shorted connected. If a diagram was included on your web page showing how connection is made this would save a lot of frustration for newbies. Apart from the above great temp sensor & easy to extend & maintain accuracy
It is unique in my opinion. I would request it again. Thank you.
100% GENUINE (HIGHLY RECOMANDED)